Monday, September 01, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge! Day 1, "Summer Grace"

Summer Grace, 4x4in. Oil on canvas/board. Painted En Plein Air. $75  Available


Available Here

Summer Grace

"Like soft balls of cotton, hydrangea float gently on a warm summer breeze."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©



Happy September! Today is the beginning of firsts for me. I am beginning my first 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta. I am so excited to participate in this challenge with 854 other artists all over the world! It will be wonderful to view all the other artwork and get to know new artists. You can follow along by signing up for my posts if you haven't already done so. Cheers!

Another first is that I will not be returning to work tomorrow as an elementary teacher. I retired this past June after 32yrs. teaching elementary, with a great portion of that time teaching grade one. Although I will miss my colleagues and children I am super ready and excited to embark on this new chapter in my life as a full time artist! It is a dream come true! Due to my retirement, I am able to participate in the 30 in 30 day challenge this time. 

My painting today was painted in my front yard. I love my Anabelle Hydrangea! It reminds me of giant snowballs or puffs of cotton. It has really grown over the last few years and I look forward to its display every year. 

Well I'm off to paint another one! See you tomorrow--have a super day!

Warmly,
Debbie



P.S. Please feel free to comment or join in the challenge if you are an artist! 





Quick Links:

Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments