Thursday, September 11, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 11, "Roadside Finds"



Roadside Finds, 3x3in. Oil on linen/board
Painted En Plein Air in Plymouth, Nova Scotia.


Available Here


Roadside Finds

"Picked by the roadside, wildflowers add charm to one's space."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


I picked these wildflowers on my morning walk recently. Some would just regard them as weeds, but they are easily transformed into a delightful display when tucked into a pretty container.

While I was on my way home from my walk, I met my husband in his car and asked him to safely transport my finds home and place them in water. When I arrived he had tucked them into a little turquoise bottle that I love. Soooo instantly I knew I had to include the bottle top in my miniature painting.  This little painting was painted from life on my back doorstep in the afternoon light.

I love exploring and finding subject matter when I am on my walks. It is fun to take my specimens home and paint them from life. Pretty soon I will be picking subjects that speak of autumn. Right now I am taking advantage of these last blooms before the growing season passes.

Do you like picking wildflowers? What do you like to display them in?

Wishing you a Wonderful Day!

Warmly,
Debbie




P.S. Please feel free to comment or join in the challenge if you are an artist! 


Quick Links:

Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments