Monday, September 15, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 14, "Super Moon"

Super Moon, 3x3in. Oil on linen/board
Painted En Plein Air in Powell's Pt. Park, Nova Scotia.

Available Here


Super Moon

"The drama has begun, as a Super Moon arrives for a stellar performance."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


I painted this one on the same night as I painted "The Night of the Super Moon" . It was an exceptionally calm and beautiful evening in the park. I almost missed painting this one, as my gear was pretty much packed up when I turned around and saw this huge bright moon. It felt surreal to witness such an amazing sight. 


Super Harvest Moon, September 8th in Powell's Pt. Park, Nova Scotia

I thought that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and that I shouldn't let it pass by. So I worked quickly, (basically in the dark) to capture the essence of my subject. I especially loved the turquoise blue and pink sky colors. They reminded me of the rainbow popsicles we use to eat as children. 

By the time I left the park, it was dark and the moon shone brightly on the calm ocean. It was breathtaking. A moment in time I will not forget!


Super Harvest Moon, September 8th in Powell's Pt. Park, Nova Scotia

I hope you were able to witness the super moon too. I would love to hear some of your stories about your reaction to it.

Warmly,
Debbie



P.S. I am in a cottage on Farm Lake as I write this post. Yesterday, I was able to paint a miniature of the Atlantic Ocean. I was the only one on the beach at Tor Bay. I loved sitting high up on a sandy hill nestled amongst the dune grass! Today it is raining heavily--although I can't paint on location it sure is cozy relaxing with a wood heat going and listening/watching the rain on the lake. I'm crossing my fingers the sun will come out this afternoon. 

( I missed yesterday's post for the 30 day painting challenge, due to my travels and not having a quality photo of "Super Moon". I'm still hoping to get 30 done, I just might be off by one or two days. )



Quick Links:


Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments