Monday, September 22, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 21, "Sparkling Red"

Sparkling Red, 3x2in. Oil on linen/board.
Painted from life Alla Prima


Available Here


Sparkling Red 


"Red berries sparkle on the forest floor as rays of light strike upon them."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


I have a fondness for any red berries. They always attract my attention, especially if they are the type of berry that appear translucent. I love how they are illuminated when light shines through them. Hues of various reds are created, adding interest to these little red globes. 

I found these ones on my morning walk when I ventured off my usually route to visit a nearby pond. They were illuminated by light and sparkled in comparison to the other vegetation that was beginning to wane due to colder temperatures at night. 

Once home, I placed them in a small vase on a windowsill. I loved the way the light made them sparkle once again. I know my love affair with red berries will continue for some time yet. Who knows--maybe forever!

Do you have a fondness for red berries?

Warmly,
Debbie




Quick Links:


Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments