Monday, September 29, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 27, "Magic"


Magic, 4x4in. Oil on linen/board.
Painted En Plein Air in Big Island, Nova Scotia.


Available Here


Magic

"Magic occurs, as a golden glow sweeps over the land. "

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


We had one last blast of summer yesterday! The temperature was so warm I could wear summer clothing. Yes, I'll take more of these days please! After finishing some domestic chores, Ian and I decided to escape and go for a nice drive. I wanted to try to get a painting completed on location, since the weather was so gorgeous.

After a bit of a drive we landed in Big Island--a favorite painting haunt for me! I loved this scene in the golden evening light. We parked the car on the side of the road and left the trunk up, which acted as a wind break while I painted. The light really changed quickly as I got further into my painting. 


My Subject at Big Island, Nova Scotia.

While I was painting, Ian and I were thrilled to both see and hear geese flying in formation in the wide open space beside us. Several groups of them filled the air during my painting session. 


The geese were honking loudly as they flew by--such an awesome sight. This is one of my favorite scenes on the Island--would make a wonderful larger painting.

It is looking like I will have 27 out of 30 paintings completed by the time this challenge is over. I am going to keep my count until I hit 30, even though my days won't be consecutive and in the same month. It was quite a commitment, but I learned from this experience in many ways. I will elaborate in a future blog post. I really appreciated all those who commented here, liked my posts on facebook etc. It was great encouragement and really kept me going. Big Thanks!

Cheers to more fun painting times!

Warmly,
Debbie


Quick Links:


Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments