Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"Memories" A Special Commission!


Memories, 20x16in. Oil on linen/ panel. Commissioned

NFS 


Memories

Planted with care, a special cherry tree brought life to the space it inhabited. Every year delicate blooms awakened the space with cheer and visual appeal. Year after year it delighted its owner with an abundance of blooms. Finally, after many years there came a time for it to return to the earth.

Preserving its memory was the intention of the owner. Thus, that special tree was rebirthed artistically, creating lasting memories for those familiar with its natural beauty.


Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


This was a very special commission I completed for a wonderful collector and person. My collector named Clinton, planted this cherry tree in his backyard. It grew beautifully over the years and delighted his family with its gorgeous blooms. Finally after about 15 years, it became diseased and had to return to the earth. Missing his symbolic tree, Clinton asked if I would eternalize it artistically. It was an honor to paint this for him and his family.

During the creation of this painting, I included Clinton in the process by sending him photographs shot quickly in my studio while I was painting. It was fun including him in the development of "Memories" and he enjoyed watching his painting transform from loosely sketched beginnings to its finish. 

Stages of development while I worked on "Memories".
















Clinton gave me permission to mention his name and share his story on facebook. I always like to respect my clients wishes regarding publication on social media. I appreciated his easy going manner and willingness to share his wonderful story online.

Here is the lovely message I received from Clinton, after I shared his painting and story. 
I love it when I can be of service to others by adding upliftment or stirring memories they cherish. 

" Debbie. Thanks for dropping off the painting today. It felt like Christmas as Lisa and I unwrapped the coverings ..... it was amazing. We are very pleased with your work and I am amazed at how you were able to capture a very special part of our lives. The title "Memories" sure does resonate with our family as that cherry tree was front and centre in all our family photos over the years.You truly are talented and I am hoping you are able to spend more time with your paintings now that you have officially retired from teaching. Thank you again for taking the time to help recreate a part of our lives that will be hung proudly in our house. All the Best!!"

Thanks for reading! 
Warmly,
Debbie



“The earth has music for those who listen.” ~William Shakespeare

P.S. I am presently writing my next Ezine (online newsletter). If you are not subscribed you may do so here.  Love to have you join me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments