Tuesday, November 11, 2014

November Skies & Gift Giving

November Skies, 3x3in. Oil on linen/board.
Painted En Plein Air in Plymouth, Nova Scotia. 

Available Here

November Skies


"In late autumn, November brings an abundance of moody skies and the donning of extra layers."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©



The beginning of November seemed to be an endless stream of gray, cloudy days.  On the day I painted this one, the sun had finally peeked out for longer moments. So I decided to head out on location close to home. By the time I had set up and began painting, heavy cloud cover moved in again. I was lucky that the sun was lower in the sky and began to illuminate the abundance of clouds.  By the time I was packing up to leave, I was quite cold. This time of year sure does get chilly when the sun disappears!

Holiday Gift Giving
The festive season is fast approaching! Some of you are probably beginning to think about your gift giving dilemma. I know many of you like to try to get special gifts for those who are close to you or difficult to buy for. Since fine art is unique and handmade, I thought I would start selecting some of my work to highlight. I thought this might spur some ideas for you, or you might like to purchase my work for that special someone! 




Today, I am featuring my Fine Art Gift Bags. They are totally one of a kind and are put together with love. Last year I teamed up with two other gifted entrepreneurs to create these special bags using my miniature paintings. Many were sold for Christmas Gifts, where they were delightfully received!

The following Fine Art Gift Bag is available in my Shop. I painted these little chive flowers from my garden. This would make a wonderful gift for someone who loved gardening, baking, or is interested in natural healing. More photos, details and purchasing information can me found here. Local collectors feel free to message me.


Fine Art Gift Bag featuring Original Miniature Oil Painting"Violet Heads", 3x2in. Oil on linen/board.

You can read all about my Fine Art Gift Bags on my shop. If you see a miniature you would like us to use to create a Fine Art Gift Bag, just send me a message. I will be creating a few more bags in the near future to post in my online Shop.  You can view previously purchased bags here.

Thanks so much for your continued support and interest in my passion!

Warmly,
Debbie




You may also be interested in reading my latest post on my Inspirational Blog
 "Small Pauses ".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments