Friday, November 14, 2014

Orange Globe and Gift Giving


Orange Globe, 4x4in. Oil on linen/board. Sold


Sold 


Orange Globe

"A miniature orange globe celebrates harvest time with ribbon and cheer."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald 

This was a mini orange pumpkin I bought as a fall decoration for my front doorstep. Of course I knew it would most likely end up as subject matter for a painting. It was just too cute and cheery not to! 

It sold to a good friend and new collector before I could post it online. She really loves pumpkins, so this little painting was a good fit for her. I think pumpkins are so cheery and interesting! Love their bright color and interesting shapes. 



I mentioned in my last post that I will be highlighting a few of my available works over the next while. I thought it might help give you ideas for your future holiday gift giving. 

Today I am featuring "Nature's Power", 6x6in. Oil on linen/panel. It was painted on location at one of my favorite haunts...Big Island, Nova Scotia. This would make a great gift for a beach lover or someone who loved the outdoors. 

It was so windy the day I painted this, I had to hold onto my easel while I painted at times. When I was packing up to leave, a young gentleman helped me carry some of my belongings to the car, because everything kept blowing away on me. I am sure he thought, "This is one crazy artist!". 

Nature's Power, 6x6in. Oil on linen/board. $125


Available Here

You can also view more small plein air paintings here. Thanks for looking!

Today that white stuff was floating down from the sky!! Where did autumn go?!

Warmly, 
Debbie





Quick Links:

Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments