Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Finding a Home & News



Finding a Home, 5x4in. Oil on linen/board. $90


Available Here


Finding a Home

"Layers of pink carnations, find a home in a flea market treasure."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


My mom bought this little bottle when she was at a flea market recently. She often keeps an eye out for little treasures she thinks I might like to use in my still life. Great mom eh?!
I really loved this little bottle and felt it would be a perfect subject for my miniature paintings. I decided to dress it up with ribbon and a bow, as well as pink carnations. This little one would make a perfect Valentine Gift for someone special! 


In Progress 

The size of the board I used was new for me. It is 5x4 inches and I have to say, I really enjoyed this size. I can see more miniatures being painted on this size in the future. 


News

Miniatures and Cards/Magnets on display in the China Cupboard

I am happy to share the news that a collection of my miniature paintings will now be available in the China Cupboard & Gifts Ltd.. It is a lovely local gift shop which offers many unique gift items. They will also be carrying a collection of cards and magnets of my work. If you are local, I am sure they would love to hear your feedback. Many thanks to Rick Goodman for providing a beautiful space to group my miniatures and for all his help! Next time you're in town pop into the China Cupboard and browse around their charming shop! Cheers!




Facebook Art Challenge


I recently participated in the facebook art challenge. The objective of the challenge is to post 3 pieces of work for 5 days and nominate a new artist each day to participate. It was fun to participate and I appreciated being nominated by a fellow artist Susan Schaefer. If you are interested you can view the work I posted on my facebook timeline, if you missed it. Thanks!

Hope your week is rolling along smoothly!

Warmly,
Debbie





Quick Links:


Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments